Friday, November 11, 2005

Greetings

Yesterday, I had to get something off my chest. Not the first blog entry I imagined I would have.

wacky blogging world Actually having a hot topic to write about in which I could voice a counter position to that of the little world around me was finally inspiration enough to push me over into this wacky world of blogging. (Is this how all bloggers work?)

I had been toying with the idea for a couple of weeks. I've been a blog reader for a while and have really gotten caught up in this crazy world. However, I wasn't sure how many valid topics I would be able to think of every day, and I didn't want to only be one of those guys who writes about how he went for a jog this morning with his dogs, then raked the leaves in his front yard, then had half an "everything" bagel - lightly toasted - with some cream cheese and then took a shower. Well, now I've failed at that, so I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I also didn't want to be one of those guys who's always trying to write in a quirky, funny to only himself type of way where he thinks he's making profound points about deep topics but all he's really doing is blabbing about nothing. I guess you can be the judge of if I failed at this one, too.

My guess is that this blog - through the course of its existence - will contain a bit of both of these faux pas, but my hope is that it will also entertain some (maybe only me) and create discussion (again, perhaps with only me).

Enjoy.

2 comments:

m.d. mcmullin said...

Welcome to the blogworld!

Nathan said...

Thanks.

Now, how do I get more interest so I can have some more readers and more comments? It may just be you and me for a long while.