Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Nicaragua

Here's the new image I'm using for my personal profile image. It's a picture of Sunni and me on Corn Island, Nicaragua. We went there on a medical mission trip a couple of years ago. In this image we’re standing in front of a little convenience store owned by one of the ladies we were able to help. She also went to the church where we set up clinic. At the end of the trip, she asked us to all come over to her shop where she gave each of us a souvenir Corn Island mug to remember them by. She asked that we pray for her and for Corn Island whenever we drink from our mug. It was very sweet, and I’m sure quite a gift for a poor working woman like herself on that island.

I got a little nostalgic yesterday, was looking at old pictures of some of the trips we've taken. This one seemed to summarize the combination of our love for traveling and for doing God's work. We really feel like God has called us to minister in missions. Currently, we try to go somewhere at least once a year. In the future, I feel like we'll do more as God enables us. For a look at this trip and others we've taken (both missionary and vacation), take a look at the travelogue section of my website.

Technorati Tags : , ,

3 comments:

m.d. mcmullin said...

Soon you can add some more pics to your collection. I'm really excited about Quito, Ecuador. I loved getting to meet David Ramirez.

We are having a meeting soon to talk about that? I have some stuff written down and am working some other sutff for the trip. Not sure how that works?

Nathan said...

We're excited, too, though I hear through the grapevine that the dates have been selected and they cross over July 4th ...aka Ethan's Birthday.

Should I know about this meeting? Has it been scheduled?

m.d. mcmullin said...

i know of no meeting. no dates have been set although ramirez likes that first week of july.