Thursday, December 29, 2005

Remodel almost complete

The remodel has taken longer than planned, but I'm almost done. The big hang up has been the doors. I had to order them. What was supposed to be finished "inside of two weeks" is not approaching 4 weeks and has not been delivered. Until I get them, I can't do any more. I've finished everything else, though.

Here's what I've done since the last entry:
  • finished the drywall work (with the help of Scott)
  • patched the popcorn ceiling where it had been scraped.
  • textured the closet walls and blended in texture for the exterior (green) walls
  • primed and painted the inside of the closet
  • painted the green wall
  • built and stained the television stand
  • built in the closet shelves above the tv
And the results:


I've very happy with everything so far. Once the doors arrive, I'll need to paint and install them. Then I can have a new piece of carpet cut, stretched, and seamed with the room carpet (I have some extra), and I'll be done.

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

Bryan said...

The original Nintendo?!?!?! That's awesome. You may need to bring that to gamenight! Nice tv stand too -- may have to get some woodwork pointers from you as I think I am going to build Addyson a "dollhouse" from scratch. Why does saying dollhouse make me feel less manly???

Nathan said...

Yes, NES at its best. Nothing beats a little Techmo Bowl!