Saturday, September 20, 2008

Rose City Triathlon

I finally participated in my first triathlon this morning - after a week's postponement from Hurricane Ike. It was a great experience. I really had a fun time. Best of all, it didn't kill me! So, I think I'll do it again sometime.

Here are some pics of the race. For more, visit my website photo album here.

Getting set to start - don't you like the cap? It was a bit cool when we started. The water was 76 degrees and the air was cooler than that.
The start: I think I'm the white cap that is above the water right in the center of the page (click the picture to enlarge)
Swim leg was 650 meters
Moving to the bike: 14.1 miles
And the run: 5 K (~3.2 miles)
High Five from my biggest fan!
And the finish


1 hour and 37 minutes later, I was one tired dude but very satisfied with my first effort. I'll let you know when the next one comes around!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Can you hear me woohoo'ing & cheering from here? Way to go, Nathan!!!!!!!!!

L.G. Reeves said...

stud