Friday, September 05, 2008

swim, bike, run

Tyler is hosting its first ever triathlon in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking about doing it. I've always wanted to do a triathlon but never had the nerve. This one is a "sprint", who's parts are all the shortest distances relative to other triathlons. They are gearing it particularly to be beginner friendly, including having a couple of free clinics for beginners to get us used to the course, the lengths of each leg, and how to transition from swim to bike to run.

I'm going to one of these clinics in the morning. We'll see how it goes. The swimming leg is what has me the most nervous. I know how to swim, and have a decent stroke . . . just not that far at one time. I figure if I stop biking or running, I still won't drown. (was that a joke, you ask? So do I!)

1 comment:

Liz said...

Cool!!! Let us know if you decide to do it! We'll come stand at the finish line to cheer ya through!