Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Triathlon update

UPDATE:
Because of Hurricane Ike, the Rose City Triathlon has been postponed for a week. So, I have another week to prepare for my physical destruction!



I went to the clinic last Saturday and completed my first triathlon . . . well, not officially. We did go through every stage but then stopped in between for others to catch up and then go over the transition area so that we could see the fastest and best way to switch from swim to bike and bike to run.

Swimming 650 meters, biking 14 1/2 miles, and running a 5 K (3.2 miles). It kicked my rear, but I had fun. So, I've signed up for the real race this Saturday morning. It starts at 8 am at Lake Tyler West. Award ceremonies are at 10:30. I hope to be finished by then, but we'll see...

3 comments:

Liz said...

So where is the "finish line"? And you'll be crossing it...about what time do ya think? Larry & I might just show up with a balloon or something! :)

pepper said...

I didn't realize you did all that last Saturday morn. and you were still standing and made it through that day. Pretty impressive!! I'm sure you'll do well next Saturday. I guess "break a leg" would not be appropriate for this endeavor, but anyway, I wish you well!

Nathan said...

Yeah...after all of that, my wife made me come home and immediately clean the back yard and sweep the patio before the party she was having. What a slave driver! :)